Thursday, April 14, 2016

Fingerprints

As I opened up my computer to write this morning, I was once again greeted with a screen that is in desperate need of being cleaned.  I have not been able to bring myself to clean it though.  In the hospital Daniel watched picture videos I had made for him over and over.  The favorite being his "Lava" video.  A few weeks before he became so sick, he had asked me to make him a "Lava" movie.  Lava is the title of the song.  It's about two volcanoes falling in love.  Lol.  He has always loved "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" Ukulele version, so I think the Ukulele was what he loved, but I'm not sure!

As he watched the videos he always touched the screen when certain photos came on, so my laptop screen is covered with his little fingerprints.  And I mean covered.  For now, it will stay that way.  This is the video that made the fingerprints...

https://youtu.be/tHduJdnzSxA

Just this simple video holds so many memories for me.  One of the days that he was feeling terrible, he had it on repeat and laid beside the computer watching this for almost 2 hours.  Each time it finished he would say "more".  And "dead"...he was always worried the computer would die.

I am thankful that something so simple brought him so much joy.  And now I can watch this on repeat.  Forever.  I am so thankful for all of these precious memories. And for the fingerprints Daniel left on everything.  My heart included.



No comments:

Post a Comment