Monday, April 11, 2016

David Gets In Trouble

This was Daniel's favorite book in the weeks before he died.

I found myself thinking about how he loved this book the morning after we buried him.  I went to start writing down all the things I remembered about his love for this book, and that's when I decided to start a new blog instead.

Daniel and David (the star of these books) were kindred spirits!  I am sure most little boys could relate to David in one way or another, but the things Daniel and David had in common were numerous.  My big kids always said the titles should be, "Daniel Gets In Trouble" or "No Daniel", instead of David.  Sweet boy.

Daniel spent a decent amount of time in time out.  Mostly for pinching us to get our attention.  So every time he picked up this book he would kiss David sitting in time out.  :-) He felt his pain! Lol.



 Like David in this photo, with no pants carrying his lunch box,  Daniel started taking his pants off to eat...he was so funny!  He especially needed them off to eat pesto.



We cleaned up at least 10 water spills a day...


"Poopy" and "wee-wee" were two of his most clear and favorite words.  I'm not sure he got this from his daddy though...



And he always stuck his hand in the cake...no matter who's cake it was.  We tried to snap photos before he got his little paws in there.  If you look closely at this photo, Daniel's hand is already full of blue frosting and Lizzy is holding him by the wrists to keep him from grabbing again.  :)



And he was always sorry.  Always.  He gave kisses and hugs and begged for forgiveness.  


I would love to clean up after any of things again.  I miss you Little Buddy.


6 comments:

  1. Thank you Jaci. Thank you for sharing such sweet memories of Daniel. We have been constantly praying for you all.
    We send all of our love and prayers as you miss your little buddy. I can't even imagine the sadness and emptiness you all feel. Love in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jaci. Thank you for sharing such sweet memories of Daniel. We have been constantly praying for you all.
    We send all of our love and prayers as you miss your little buddy. I can't even imagine the sadness and emptiness you all feel. Love in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this, loved him, love y'all. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so loved reading this sweet memory of Daniel, and look forward to reading more. Thank you for sharing these Jaci. I love you guys so much, and am constantly praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that you are doing this Jaci! I know I will learn some new things about Daniel that I can put together will all my memories I already had. Makes me smile through my tears-you are amazing in your walk-thanks so much for sharing these memories-love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful way to remember and honor a beautiful little boy who loved the Lord.

    ReplyDelete