Sunday, April 10, 2016

Daniel

On April 1st, 2016, my sweet 6 year old boy went to be with Jesus.  He had fought  a life long battle with Pulmonary Hypertension and died after complications that stemmed from having his central heart line replaced.  The same line that took his life, also gave him life for almost 6 years.  This blog will be a journal of my memories of who Daniel was, how he impacted our life, and many, many, many of our favorite memories.

I will never be the same.  Daniel has made me a better person.  A better mother.  A better friend.  Better.

Here is what I wrote for his obituary:

Daniel was a little boy who had the best smile and the biggest heart.  His laugh was infectious and contagious and full of joy.  He loved life and lived life to the fullest.  I am certain Daniel never felt very good a day in his life, but if you met him you would never know.  He was a picture of courage and perseverance.  Our family is better for having had the privilege to know him, to love him, to care for him, to feel his arms around our neck and a million other things.  He loved BIG.  He loved Jesus, his family, his best friend Taylor, all of our friends, weights, Crowder, “world”, Pooh, the color blue, baseball, jeans, bananas with ketchup, the big BOB,  and so much more.  He was so loved and our little buddy will be forever missed.  We look forward to the day we will be with you again dear Daniel!  

I look forward to sharing my memories with you.

And I look forward to the day I will see you again dear, Daniel!

Oh Jesus, show us how to do this life...how to go on without our sweet boy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jaci...I feel so connected to what you're going through. Though I haven't lost a child, I lost my mom almost two years ago. And she also died relatively young, at 54, though not nearly as young as your Daniel! I have only met you and your family once or twice years ago, before Daniel was born, but I have followed your family's story and Daniel's life for several years now through Facebook and Caring Bridge, so I feel like I know you and knew your precious son. My mom was a kindergarten teacher and had a special love for special little kiddos like Daniel, so I truly believe she was there to welcome Daniel into heaven as he slipped away from this earth. I am positive she would have stood in line to receive one of his giant bear hugs! My mom's body was weakened by the brain cancer that took her life, as Daniel's was weakened by pulmonary hypertension - they are now both healed and whole and running, skipping, jumping, leaping, and praising God forever! While I experienced a tremendous amount of grief from losing my mom, I imagine the grief is much stronger from losing a child. I am praying for you and continually reminded to do so as I see your Facebook posts about remembering your little boy. The biggest consolation I felt after losing my mom was knowing where she is and that she's no longer in pain, but better than ever - the way God intended! I pray that you would feel the Lord holding you closely as you grieve and heal, and that you would feel tremendous joy and peace amidst the sorrow when you think about where Daniel is now. Love and prayers to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely to read about the joy your little boy brought you and his love ❤ for God. Rip in peace little one.

    ReplyDelete