Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Missing One












We have had some time away as a family. Just hit the "pause" button momentarily on life as we try to figure out how to "do" this new life.  This photo was taken while we were away.  
I'm certain I will always see the one missing.  Even in years to come as more are added to our family, even as more memories are made...even the most joyful...I will always feel his absence.  
I am thankful for every day we had with Daniel.  I am thankful that I have so many memories left to share, to talk about, to record.  And I am thankful for the four children I still have here.  But being thankful for those things will never change the fact that our family photos will now always be incomplete.  Always missing one.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you have to live with this pain. Its so hard when people ask, How many children do you have? When you are leaving the house and you feel so strongly your leaving someone behind. You never forget or heal...It is just learning to live with that pain. I am so glad that you are blogging. Sharing Daniel with us still. I wish I could give you a BIG hug! Praying for you all, always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing such a wonderful job of sharing your sorrow and heart-so thankful that at the end of the day (and the beginning, middle.....) we still have Jesus and so we can be thankful in the midst of our grief.

    ReplyDelete