Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Boggle and a Train Ride

 This past week, our sweet friend Lori shared a photo on my Facebook page of Daniel on the BNSF Make a Wish Train Ride last fall.  She shared a photo of Daniel with her grandson. Lori was one of Daniel's wish granters and her grandson is a cancer survivor.   It was so fun to remember that Saturday afternoon.  All of my kids had so much fun going on a train ride!  As I looked at the photo of Daniel, I saw something in his hand and then I remembered...BOGGLE!  Lizzy had been given a mini boggle game upon entering the train.  Daniel coaxed her into giving it to him.  This mini boggle game became a BIG deal.  Daniel loved that Boggle game.  In fact, if you even said "boggle" he would laugh so hard I was afraid he would pass out.  I cannot tell you how fun it was when I remembered this.  "Boggle!"  I can hear him laughing.  I can see his finger pointing.   I can see his body fold over as he's laughing.  I can see strangers laughing as they watch Daniel laugh.  I can see his smile and the twinkle in his eyes.  I am glad that we have all of these photos to help me always remember...



 This is the photo Lori shared...














This train ride was such a wonderful blessing.  So many great memories and some of my favorite photos were taken on this afternoon.  I can't believe I forgot about "Boggle" until seeing that sweet photo Lori sent.  I am thankful for photos that help me remember.  As a family we had a fun time laughing and remembering "BOGGLE!"  I'm so thankful for another memory that immediately brings the sweet sound of Daniel's laugh alive again in my mind. And he loved trains too.  It was a great Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment