Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Our Superman

For Daniel's last Halloween, he chose to be Superman.  In life he was our superman, a super hero.  He faced the adversity handed to him with such grace and an unwavering smile.  His circumstances did not put out his light.  He let it shine.

It is only appropriate that this would be his last costume.  I remember being in Target early last October with Lizzy, Abby and Daniel.  We made our way to the back of the store where the Halloween costumes were.  Daniel walked right up to the Superman costume and put it in the cart.  I had to double check the size, and in doing so I asked him, "Are you sure? Look here's Jake...here's spiderman...here's a hotdog!"  No, no and NO were his responses.  I learned later (watching him shop on his Make-A-Wish trip in Disney World) that he was a boy who knew what he wanted when he saw it and didn't waste time picking it out!  So superman it was...













Speaking of being a boy who knew what he wanted, as he went from house to house, he only took lollipops.  If the bowl had other candy he just said good-bye and headed to the next house.  Daniel did not like candy, but suckers and lollipops were his favorite.



This superman costume now hangs in my closet.  Probably for as long as I live on this earth.  Daniel was our Superman.  My little Superman.  




 On his grave is a Superman plaque.  I sure miss you Little Buddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment