Monday, October 17, 2016

The Time We Were All Together

Today we had some dear friends from our seminary years over.  One family lives nearby, the other lives several states away, all of us remain dear, life long friends.  The last time we were altogether was two years ago and the photo looked like this...


Tonight one was missing.  And another sweet boy, adopted into a loving family was added.

Daniel I missed your presence here BIG today.  Well, actually that is really no different than every day.  But you would have loved all of the kids running around. Your best buddy Taylor met Ruthie Joy.  They hit it off and said they were going to be "pen pals".  Tears wet my face this afternoon as I thought about how your life brought those two together.  Ruthie's parents said that your life is a big part of what inspired them to adopt.  And Joy is her middle name because God gave us you.  It made my heart so happy to see these two become sweet friends...


I know you would be happy, but I couldn't help but wish you were there too.

I love you buddy.  So much.

Anne and I went to your grave.  Ruthie and I went to your tree.  All of us miss you.  I am so thankful to have such dear friends that love you too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment