Wednesday, August 3, 2016

My Yoga Buddy

Tonight I did Yoga for the first time since Daniel died. I am not sure when (or if) I would have done Yoga again at home, but when Abby asked me tonight if I would do Yoga with her I could not say no.  Daniel was my Yoga buddy.  Well, actually he was my "weights" buddy.  Every single day, often many times each day he asked me to do "eights" (weights).  Sometimes he even asked in his sleep!!    Those of you who knew Daniel the last year of his life can testify to his love of weights. :) I will write more about that another time, for today I just wanted to share these photos of Daniel doing Yoga.  He had his own mat, but he preferred to be right there with me...and tonight I missed that sweet little boy crawling under me each time we did a Down Dog...


This was the "Yoga Pose" he loved the most and he even did it on the beach last summer...




Oh sweet Daniel how my heart misses you.  I loved doing "eights" with you.  I love how you would show anyone your "Yoga pose" when asked.  You were just so cute.  I hated having your blue mat stay in the closet tonight.  And I am so very thankful for these memories with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment