Thursday, August 4, 2016

Disney

Oh Daniel.  You loved Disney so much.  We have so many wonderful, magical memories of our time spent there with you.  I never imagined when I booked a trip for our family on Christmas day 2015 that on August 4, 2016 I would have to muster up the courage to call Disney and have your name removed from our reservation.  It was our secret.  Until you died, only you & I knew I had made a plan to try to go back.

The tears fall and fall and fall.  It was even harder than I thought it would be.  The sweet lady on the other end of the phone had to patiently wait for me holding back sobs to get the words for the reason for my call to come out of my mouth.  For me to say..."I'm calling because my 6 year old little boy died and I need to remove his name from our reservation."  A sentence that should take but seconds took a few minutes to spit out, as just trying I burst into tears.

She was so very gracious.  She told me I was brave for calling and for still going.  She told me that she hopes we have a special time together honoring your memory.

Oh Daniel!  Your absence leaves such a big void.  Such a huge hole.  Oh the missing.

I am sure the tears will now fall for a long while.  I really just can't believe you now live in heaven.  I miss you.  I will miss taking photos like these...















I love you so much buddy.  My heart is broken in your absence, but the hope of the sweet reunion one day brings peace in the overwhelming missing and sadness.  I can't wait for a hug like the one you gave to Tinker Bell.

2 comments:

  1. Jaci - Thank you for sharing your story of Daniel...of the time you have shared and your loss. Having a children 10 and 8, I can't even imagine what you may be going through. Hopefully you reaching out to us all and sharing your story will only bring you comfort and strength. I wish I could have met Daniel, he sounds like such a sweet boy.

    Take care,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been having a difficult time in my own life. The strength you have in sharing your heart and your Daniel with the world brings me humility and and thankfulness for each day with my own children. I am a stranger, but a mother and a believer in Gods grace and healing. And I am praying for you. Lisa

    ReplyDelete