Monday, July 18, 2016

Held

The song "Held" by Natalie Grant came on tonight while I ran and I remembered holding you on the shore of Myrtle Beach one year ago.  How I would love to hold you now and brace for the big waves and hear you exclaim "Yuck!" as saltwater splashed in your mouth.  I would then say "yuck!" back and you would belly laugh.

Oh that sweet, sweet laugh.

And oh that look of sweet anticipation as we waited for the next wave to come...




The beach is my favorite place to be and these memories of holding you and playing with you and watching you play are some of the ones I hold most dear.

What I would give to hold you once more.


As I listened to "Held" on repeat tonight and the miles passed under my feet, I realized that now... one year later...I am the one being held as I wait for the day I will see you again.  

"If hope is born of suffering, if this is only the beginning...can we not wait for one hour, watching for our Savior?  This is what it means to be held." --Held, by Natalie Grant


"For in this hope we were saved.  But hope that is seen is no hope at all.  Who hopes for what they already have?  But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."  Romans 8:24-25

I miss you Daniel. I am so thankful I got to hold you on the beach.  And I am waiting for that day when I will hold you again.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful song. What àn amazing love story. You & Daniel.♡ You and our Father.♡ I cry with you. I cry for you. I pray for you and your precious family. I thank God for Sweet Daniel. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful memories-beautiful hope!

    ReplyDelete