Thursday, June 9, 2016

Watermelons

Tonight I bought a Watermelon when I was at Costco.

We knock on watermelon's to find the "best" one.  I learned this from our friend Toby.  Daniel thought this was hilarious and so tonight as I knocked on a few watermelons to find the best one, tears silently fell from my eyes.  As they fell I was also smiling inside thinking of dozens of times I had done this with Daniel and how the knocking always produced a belly laugh.  Strangers shopping at the same time would often smile or laugh along with us.  It always amazes me how I can feel genuinely sad and happy at the exact same time. 


Daniel was with me always.  I miss him everywhere.  I see him everywhere.  I think this is why I might actually have a million memories.  If not, it's close.

I miss you Daniel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment