Friday, June 24, 2016

Praying Friends

Daniel was blessed throughout his lifetime to have many, many praying friends.  I cannot even imagine what the past 7 years would have looked like without these prayers.

A few days ago, I was going through some of  Daniel's baby things that I have saved, and I came across some scrapbook pages that my friend Beth had made for Daniel's baby shower.  She had some of the women who attended write prayers on the pages. This shower was thrown and these prayers were written before Daniel was even born.   My eyes filled with tears as I read their sweet words to the Lord and to Daniel, and when I came to this one they poured from my eyes...



My dear friend Laci wrote:

"Daniel, My prayer for you is that you will love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind.  You are blessed in so many ways.  May you always cling to the Lord and may your life have an incredible impact on this world, and on eternity.  Honor your mommy and daddy and honor the Lord.  We love you!  Laci" 

Tears fill my eyes again as I re-write these words.

I think that the Lord answered every one of those words prayed.

I know that Daniel had so many faithful prayer warriors.  But the Lord let me see and hear this dear friends prayers over the years.

When Daniel was first in the ICU in April of 2010, this photo was shared by Laci asking people to pray for baby Daniel...


I remember seeing this while we were in the ICU during that first 35 day hospital stay.  Tears filled my eyes then (and now!) and my heart overflowed with thankfulness to have such a dear, praying friend.

And I will never forget visiting their house in the summer of 2012, the girlies were all about to take a bath together in Laci's big tub.  On her bathroom mirror was a photo of Daniel, myself and Laci that she had there as a reminder to pray for us.  Again my heart overflowed with thankfulness.

After Daniel's burial and celebration of Life she shared this photo...


Everyone should be so blessed to have a praying friend.  I know that we are blessed with many faithful prayer warriors.  Laci, I am thankful you are one of them.  And thank you to any of you reading this who have prayed for our family over the years.  I am confident that God has used and is using your prayers to strengthen, encourage and sustain our family.

"A friend loves at all times and a brother is born for adversity."  Proverbs 17:17

Thank you Lord for praying friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment