Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Last First Day

Yesterday was our first day of school.  I have been homeschooling my kids since Drew started kindergarten.  And we always start after Labor Day.  :)  This is the photo of Daniel's Last First Day last fall...

He was Pre-K FIVE!  One of the traditions we have is that the kids all get a little gift (usually clothes) and a card from me on the morning of the first day.  Last September, Daniel was SO excited to receive a "Nike" T-shirt just like the Big Boys.  He was proud.


And this photo is framed.  It is one of my favorites of Daniel with the girls.  Their personalities and their love for each other shine through.  

Yesterday was hard.  Just missing my boy so very much, and longing to see that smile again.  Wishing I had a card and gift to get ready for him too.  But just like the Lord, in His faithfulness, He has provided a most wonderful gift to me.  Taylor's family asked if I would homeschool her this year.  We had talked about it briefly before Daniel became so very sick and this summer we talked about it again.  I am so thankful to be using all of our kindergarten materials one more time, instead of having to pack them up to pass on.  My kids are also so excited to have Taylor with us.  And I know that Daniel would love knowing that his best friend is doing "Cooool" at our home.  So this year I still had 5 cards to make...



Today during our craft time, she asked me if Daniel could make an octopus with us too.  I wish he could sweet girl.  I wish he could.  So instead as we crafted we talked about heaven and what Daniel might be doing.  I have another story from today too, but I will save that for another blogpost.  In a way that makes me in awe of the Lord, this Taylor story goes along with one of my most favorite memories of Daniel.  

God continues to make his presence undeniable and He encourages my heart in ways I could never have fathomed.  

I love you Daniel.  "Cooool"   just isn't the same without you, but thank you for leaving our hearts filled with so many wonderful memories.  

And thank you Lord for providing Daniel with a best friend.  A friend that we all love and reminds us so much of Daniel.  The more we get to know her, the more we see why Daniel loved her so much.   



1 comment:

  1. this is Joana i liked your blog you have a talent for writing aunt Jaci. I miss Daniel too

    ReplyDelete