Friday, September 2, 2016

5 Months Closer

Brent and I have had a especially hard time the last few days. When he came home from work today, I told him how the floodgate of tears opened up late last night and didn't stop until 3am. He then told me he had a morning like that while we were in Colorado. And he said, "When it happens you just can't stop it." 
I then said, "I just still can't believe he's gone."
Brent said, "I know. And people tell me I know what you mean...but I don't think they do. He's already been gone for 5 months."
I said through tears, "I can't believe he's been gone 5 months."
Sam was listening to this conversation and after I made the last statement...without missing a beat...he said, "You mean we're 5 months closer to seeing him again."
Yes. Yes we are. Thank you Sam. I needed that reminder.  
We miss you Daniel.


No comments:

Post a Comment