Sunday, December 4, 2016

Weights

This past week I finished a week of InsanityMax30.  Up until last week, every time I tried to start these workouts it was just too much.  You see in the early spring of 2015 a new love was born for Daniel.  A love of weights...or "eights" as he called it.

That spring I had decided to start a BeachBody program in our home.  Little did I know that Daniel was about to become the best personal trainer a mom of five could ask for!  "Eights" quickly became Daniel's first request in the morning and was something he did not let up on until the workout was completed for the day.  On more than one occasion, his persistence is what led to the two of us doing workouts as late as 10:30 after a long day at the baseball fields.  And even sometimes in his sleep he would say "eights" to me as I changed him or gave him his late night dose of medication.

I could have taken a photo every day of his outfit, headband and shoe choice of the day, but here are a few of the ones I did...













Even the last hospital stay we had to bring weights and the videos!  :)  The nurses were impressed with how he could lift those weights over his head!  




In the middle of my workouts, when I was tired or doing push-ups (he knew how much I hate these) Daniel would get in my face and scream "AHHHHHHH"!  He took Shaun T literally about the screaming! If he did this while I was doing push-ups he would lay down and put his face right where my face would be coming towards the ground.  It was motivating, but it usually made me laugh...which it's not so easy to do push ups when you are laughing!  

So this week of workouts was filled with emotions.  But like with everything, I have to keep fighting...fighting through the pain, fighting through the fatigue, fighting through the missing and the heartache.  My girls have been super sweet, as they have taken on Daniel's missing role.  When they see or hear I've come to a hard place in the workout, they have been screaming "AHHHHHHH!" from wherever they are.  God truly did bless Daniel with the best brothers and sisters...and me as their mama.  We all miss him, we all hear his silence, we all long to see him come running around the corner.   Oh Daniel.

I wish I could have those big brown eyes look excitedly at me and exclaim "Eights!" But one more time would never be enough.  So I wait.  And fight. And pray for the endurance to "finish my race" as strong as Daniel did.





I miss my workout buddy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment